Sunday, March 15, 2009

Seven days.

It's becoming more real now. In seven days I'll be on a plane to Honduras and then on my way to the jungle in Guatemala. It's a strange feeling. Mostly because while it's my first journey of this sort and required some stepping out in faith, there's also the understanding that this really isn't the most arduous or formidable form of mission work. While I am so grateful to have the opportunity to serve the people in Guatemala for this short while and receive a slap of reality in how our southern neighbors live, I find myself pondering how I can take what I learn in Guatemala and make a difference in my every day life. In other words, I don't want to leave what I learn and experience in Guatemala for the next short-term foreign mission trip.

More than anything, what is most real to me right now is the conviction in my heart that I need to make some serious changes in the way I live my life. I suspect that the next three weeks will reinforce that conviction in a way I can't yet fathom.

No comments:

Post a Comment