Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lights, camera, action!

Movies, movies, and more movies. I decided to load a new list onto my blog at the left to easily keep track of the AFI list movies I watch. Of course, I've seen several of them already, but I've decided to re-watch any I've previously seen. I loaded all of them into my Netflix queue so they're all ready to go - I didn't realize how many of these movies have been remade...some of them multiple times! I had to be careful to find the originals.

I know I'm not going to like some of these movies. I'm curious to see how many of them I actually will like. I might be surprised. I'm excited to see the old Charlie Chaplin films...sad to say, I've never seen any of them! But this is why I put this on my list - whether I like them or not, I want to be able to know what people are talking about when they reference a classic.

I love Netflix, by the way. So worth the inexpensive monthly fee. So many of the movies I put in my queue today are available to stream online, so I can get a start on my list tonight!

Another note - the AFI list has been updated a couple of times since the original list. I decided to stick to the original for now and save the more recent additions for the next 101 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment