Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Or not...





Many things have kept me from writing more about Guatemala, but mainly, I've been too busy. The terrible thing about this is that I've been unnecessarily busy with things that I will likely find insignificant later on in life. BUT...I have a plan. ;-)

The problem - I keep myself busy with things that I am not necessarily passionate about and that bring me little long-term fulfillment.

The plan - I am currently formulating a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, an idea given to me by a friend. She referred me to this site: www.dayzeroproject.com

I've been fervently working on my list all night. I can't stop thinking about it. I've only got 33 things on the list so far, but they are good ones! One thousand one days is about 2.75 years, so this will be a lot of long-term goal setting...which I love and need to do more of.

Ever feel like you're just not living your life as much as you should be? That's one thing that I really took from the Guatemala trip. How much time have I wasted getting trapped in the mundane routine of day-to-day things, months and months on end, only to suffocate the potential of both personal growth and growth of things that really matter in life - like relationships with other people.

As I compile my list, I think of how alive I felt out in that Guatemalan heat; helping those villagers who had so little but so much at the same time. I think of how alive I felt standing on the top of one of those ancient Mayan ruins; looking out above the jungle tree canopy and breathing the clear, clean air.

I think of how I don't want to waste any more time in my life. I don't want to keep putting off the ambiguous goals I've had in my head for years but somehow haven't found the time to work on them. So now I'll get specific - I'll name those goals and I'll put them on my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Think of all the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment